Monday, March 29, 2010

Weekend Highlights

simply beautiful
{While driving by purple fields on the way to LA two weeks ago; had to share!}

I hope your weekend was as delightful as mine! I didn't do anything particularly exciting, but it was enjoyable all the same.

I finally got around to making some Korean food. Since we started the P90X diet, I haven't been able to fit anything in but I had to have some soup and rice! So on a whim I made some miyukgook (seaweed soup), odeng bokkeum (fish cakes with onions), and gutjulee (fresh kimchi) with what I had on hand. It was awesome! A good mix of carbs, veggies, and protein.

Korean dinner

I also enjoyed a romantic bath with lovely rose-scented tea lights we picked up at IKEA last week. That + a wonderful smelling bubble bath = perfect.

tea lights

I also decided to try out a homemade cheese cracker recipe since I had some leftover cheddar cheese in the freezer. I halved it and made it in no time! They are definitely cheesy and crunchy and so easy to make.

Homemade Cheese Crackers
Homemade Cheese Crackers
Homemade Cheese Crackers
Homemade Cheese Crackers

They're not the prettiest things I've made for sure. I just did some wonky cutting with a pizza cutter after I rolled out the dough because I don't have mini cookie cutters. I will have to find some for next time... I'm thinking about trying out a Parmesan cheese version.

& finally, I got around to my little gardening kits! We planted parsley, oregano, chives, and green onion (instead of cilantro) and strawberries. I'm just praying something will grow, something, anything! If this doesn't work out, I'm not sure I can take on actual gardening outside.

Please grow!


Weekends are fun, but I like Mondays too. Probably because I don't have to go to school or work. :D

2 comments:

xoxoKrysten said...

That first picture is so pretty!

luulijewels said...

Cute pots. I hope everything grows. The fist pic you took is so nice.