Tuesday, April 6, 2010

Introduction

Introduction

Blue has arrived. It is, indeed, love and April will be a month of practice for me to start learning to use something more than a P&S.

This photo reveals several things.
First, I don't quite know how to hold this camera yet. What do I do with my left hand? Where should it rest?
Second, I have big hands. Big palm, long fingers. They look like man-hands in this picture. I'm not sure if I like that.
Third, my bangs are in a weird stage right now. I don't know what happened, it looks weird to the side so it defaults to this.
Fourth, I feel (look) naked without makeup now. [see nekkid eyes] I never knew I would feel this way even a year or two ago but I guess I'm a real woman now. lol.

The 1st
{playing around with manual focus}
I thought something was broken when the screen jumped to a massive close up of what was in front of me when I started twisting the ring and then jumped back to normal when I pressed the shutter down halfway. Silly me. I predict many more bewildering instances ahead.

Charge!!

3 comments:

J. said...

Typically I hold my left hand under the cam to give it support and help it to balance!

SLRs are SO much fun!!!
Wait til you learn how to manually set the camera-- with aperture and shutter speed and everything. It's so much fun. I cannot shoot auto anymore, I just can't.

I don't know the Lumix but most cams are similar if you need any pointers i've been shooting for 4 years now. :)
-josi
tilthestarsfall.blogspot.com

hana said...

Thanks for the tip! I can't wait to really get to know my camera. :D

jozen said...

ooohhh! exciting i got a canon rebel XSI