Wednesday, April 14, 2010

A peek at my new home

It's been a month since we moved into this place.
I love this house.
I love the layout, the amount of light we get every single day, the space, the rooms... But now as a homeowner, I see many things that are also not so good about the house, minor details that will help us the next time around.
The positives definitely outweigh the negatives! So here's a little peek of what I live in. There is still much more to be done and decorated, but it's coming together.

This is the entry way.
my home.
my home.

Through the double doors you see in the first picture is my craft room.
my home.
my home.
my home.

It's a little cluttered, I need to remedy that. You can see another door leading into the opposite hallway which is where our laundry room, garage door, and 0.75 bathroom is located.
my home.
my home.

Back to the second picture where there's an arch in the entry way, down that hallway is our guest bedrooms (one unpictured) and bathroom.
my home.
my home.
my home.
my home.

This is my kitchen.
my home.
my home.
my home.
my home.

The kitchen opens into the dining area and living room which are not pictured at this time. On to the master bedroom!
my home.
This is exactly what I've always wanted in my bedroom: dreamy curtains with light glowing through, a vanity, beautiful bed.
my home.
We're planning on getting some floating shelves to put on the sides instead of actual side tables. I love this new bed, it's king size and platform style.
my home.
This door leads to the patio/yard, the kitchen also has a door out to the patio/yard.
my home.
As you can see, the main colors in our bedroom are white, black, and blue.
my home.
my home.
my home.
I adore these bathmats from Anthropologie!
my home.
The master bath gets a lot of light from this huge window.
my home.
my home.


Trying to fill a house with "me"--my style, my visions, my hope for my family as we live here--is very much enjoyable and also a bit overwhelming. I'm allowed to do whatever I want in this space! I'm trying to be patient in doing this and collecting furniture and decorations that reflect me and Tare in the best way.

Thanks for stopping by my humble abode.

2 comments:

jozen said...

hana! you have a very beautiful home. thank you so much for letting me take a peek!!!

vivatveritas said...

your house looks amazing!!! thanks for sharing! xoxo