Friday, May 7, 2010

fill in the blank friday


{Join in by clicking the books!}

Before I start, I have to admit I am not someone who very clearly remembers every single book she's read and I don't re-read books at all. If I do, it has to be because I need a refreshing of the plot because I've completely forgotten it and I need to move onto the next book in a series. My favorites change as I keep reading and I have little recall of past books. I enjoy reading but it really goes in and out of my head replaced by new reads.

1.  My favorite book growing up was The Boxcar Children series. I think I read every single one I could get my hands on then. Same with The Baby-sitter's Club series! Oh and Sweet Valley High series, Animorphs, Goosebumps, I could go on but I'll stop.

2.  The funniest book I've ever read was ??? I don't remember. I don't even know if I read funny books. I remember Sideways Stories From Wayside School series by Louis Sachar being pretty ridiculous though. The 19th story does not exist!

3.  The one book that has truly changed my life is (besides the Bible) most recently Crazy Love by Francis Chan. I think I've recommended it to any person who's asked me for suggestions because it's that convicting. God really spoke to me through that book and I should and would probably read it again.

4.  If you're looking for a real "tear jerker" you should probably read The Time Traveler's Wife by Audrey Niffenegger. I cried as I read the last chapters because the love that is described in this book is so touching and it drew me in like it was real. If you actually imagine what it would be like for each of the characters it brings tears to your eyes, both sad and happy.

5.  If I could meet any author living or dead I would want to meet ??? I don't keep up with authors. I have a running book list of what I want to read and those titles come from blogs or websites that happen to mention they're good. I'm more intrigued by what genre they are rather than who is the author.

6.  The next book on my "to read" list is Lies by Michael Grant and City of Ashes by Cassandra Clare. Currently I'm reading Extremely Loud and Incredibly Close by Jonathan Safran Foer.

7.  If I was snowed into  remote cabin in the woods and could only choose three books to bring with me I'd bring The Old Kingdom Trilogy: Sabriel, Lirael, Abhorsen by Garth Nix. I loved these books while I was in high school and I can't forget them! But I haven't read them since then so I wouldn't mind reading them again. I recommend it if you love fantasy and magic (no dragons though).


2 comments:

Han said...

I read Sweet Valley High Books as well - I would get like 4 or 5 of them out from the library.

I also posted my Fill in here.

Sandy a la Mode said...

omg i cried soo much while reading the time travelers wife... i also stayed up all night reading it too lol!