Sunday, May 2, 2010

Korean Music Festival 2010

Yesterday was such a busy day! It started out with volunteering with our small group at a nursing home. We had fun playing Three's and balloon badminton. Afterward we headed towards Manhattan Beach to try out a triple-D (Diners, Drive-ins, and Dives) approved eatery. Since it's only about half an hour away from LA, we decided to make the trip to try it out while we're down south.

The North End Caffe
The North End Caffe
Pasta Carbonara

The North End Caffe
Creole Dawg

The North End Caffe
Kahlua pork monte cristo egg rolls

The food was good, but the best part was sitting outside on the most beautiful day overlooking this:
Manhattan Beach, CA
Beautiful, isn't it? Manhattan Beach is such a cute, laidback town reflecting beachside living. I wish I could live near the water.

We arrived at Hollywood Bowl four hours before the concert started and it was packed with people. Good thing we got there early as usual!
KMF 2010
concert goer
Hollywood Bowl
The view from our seats was not bad at all, but Tare said we should get tickets for section closest to the stage next time. I think I will for next year!

I took my Mint pentax with me to keep it compact and simple. Actually, it was because I was informed online that no cameras were allowed in the venue except EVERYONE had DSLRs when I got there and I felt a tinge of regret. But it did a good job for the circumstances and also allowed me to take some video.

The concert was so much fun and it was a great line-up of performers (2PM, BEAST, KARA, Wonder Girls, Kim JongKook, LeeSsang, etc.)! My favorite was 2PM, which was the reason I even went in the first place and they were worth seeing in person. It's different seeing them live even if it's from far away and I definitely enjoyed myself, ehehe. There were some devoted fans in the audience with their tshirts and posters and screaming and they ran down the aisles to stand there and try to get as close as they possibly could to the stage. It was crazy. The girl who was in the seat in front of me spazzed out when BEAST came on stage (they were first) and stood up and was cheering like a fangirl does. She was blocking our view so I tapped her on the shoulder and asked if she could sit down and she totally had the most disheartened expression on her face and literally just crumpled onto the floor and sat there for a minute. LOL. So dramatic, but eventually she got back on her seat (she was teetering on the edge of it) and thankfully stayed seated the rest of the concert.

2PM

For a few more pictures of BEAST and 2PM, click on to my flickr.





the end - fireworks
It was a great night.

1 comment:

Sandy a la Mode said...

looks like you had a great day! i've always wanted to try a triple D place but just haven't found the time yet! the one you went to looks DELISH! and i'm a big fan of k-pop! =)