Sunday, July 25, 2010

Hot Summer Days

If you're Korean, you might know about the dilemma between jajangmyun (Noodles with black bean sauce) and jjambbong (Spicy Seafood Noodle Soup). You want both but you can only order one unless they have the half-half special that the particular restaurant.... OR if you're at home!

Noodles with Black Bean Sauce

Spicy Seafood Noodle Soup

This was my first attempt at making these at home from scratch. All in all, a success but not completely to my liking. I've taken notes to improve for next time. :)

By the end of dinner last night, I was really hot! (you know, from slaving away at the stove and being myself. ha!) Had to cool myself down with some natural watermelon. By natural, I mean really natural with 10 millions seeds. It was a baby watermelon they had just picked the day we bought it so it's extra juicy but extra seedy too. Still tastes amazing!

Hot summer days

Hot summer days

Yum!

Personally, I'm not a real fan of chocolate. I don't crave it or feel very tempted when it's around. But when I do want chocolate, it's Korean or Japanese chocolate. It blows Hershey's out of the water, no comparison! Picked up some Japanese chocolate yesterday from a grocery trip to LA and I love the fancy packaging! I think it very much reflects the richer, creamier, cleaner flavor of Asian chocolate.

French Milk

What do you enjoy eating during these hot summer days?

2 comments:

Sandy a la Mode said...

jajangmyuan is my FAVE! my mom makes a pretty darn good one (even though she is chinese) and every time i go home, she makes it for me!! *sigh* i want one now!! although i did just have bibimbop for dinner which was pretty good too! i've never had that other dish though, i shall try it sometime!!

Ji said...

oh yes, it's the best when you can have both! that's why you go with someone so you can share! :)

& I completely agree, watermelon is the BEST THING to have during a hot day. my fav.