Friday, August 13, 2010

fill in the blank Friday

2nd Annual Korean BBQ Cookoff 2010

1.  Birthdays are: a special day to celebrate but it's not your day as a queen/king. It's not about gifts or everything going your way or cakes with candles, it's about remembering your mom who went through a lot to give birth to you and giving thanks for your life.

2.  My favorite birthday memory was spending a week in New York last year. It was my first visit there and it was so much fun!

3.  A birthday tradition I (or my family) has is nothing! I don't have a tradition and my family didn't either. I didn't have parties every year (I rarely did at all), I didn't get surprise gifts, I didn't get a special cake, we didn't have a special place to go... it was just getting together for dinner and maybe having some fresh cream cake with fruit. We'll (Tare and I) have to make a tradition I guess... it was supposed to be traveling for my birthday every year but it won't be happening this year with tokki on board.

4.  If I had to choose one birthday meal to eat for the rest of my birthdays hence forward, I would choose sushi! Preferably halibut which is my favorite as sashimi.

5.  My birthday is on August 29th. It's a Sunday this year.

6.  If I could take a birthday trip I would go to S. Korea. I really want to go back and eat and visit the cities outside of Seoul.

7.  The best gift I've ever received for my birthday was a sketch of me done by Julia. I think it's the sweetest, most thoughtful present I've ever received and I know it took a lot of time and staring at my face to create. LOL

Join in here!

4 comments:

Amanda said...

The only real tradition we had was that the birthday girl got to choose the dinner meal on their birthday :)

missy pig said...

you have the same birthday as my friend! :)

Do you eat seaweed soup? That could be like a tradition shared among Koreans?

hana said...

oh my goodness! That is totally true! My grandma or mom (and now me) always make it for birthdays.

delightfullysweetlife.com said...

Ooo...I love your birthday meal - sushi! That would have been my next choice.

Happy soon to be birthday!