Friday, August 13, 2010
fill in the blank Friday
1. Birthdays are: a special day to celebrate but it's not your day as a queen/king. It's not about gifts or everything going your way or cakes with candles, it's about remembering your mom who went through a lot to give birth to you and giving thanks for your life.
2. My favorite birthday memory was spending a week in New York last year. It was my first visit there and it was so much fun!
3. A birthday tradition I (or my family) has is nothing! I don't have a tradition and my family didn't either. I didn't have parties every year (I rarely did at all), I didn't get surprise gifts, I didn't get a special cake, we didn't have a special place to go... it was just getting together for dinner and maybe having some fresh cream cake with fruit. We'll (Tare and I) have to make a tradition I guess... it was supposed to be traveling for my birthday every year but it won't be happening this year with tokki on board.
4. If I had to choose one birthday meal to eat for the rest of my birthdays hence forward, I would choose sushi! Preferably halibut which is my favorite as sashimi.
5. My birthday is on August 29th. It's a Sunday this year.
6. If I could take a birthday trip I would go to S. Korea. I really want to go back and eat and visit the cities outside of Seoul.
7. The best gift I've ever received for my birthday was a sketch of me done by Julia. I think it's the sweetest, most thoughtful present I've ever received and I know it took a lot of time and staring at my face to create. LOL
Join in here!