Monday, August 9, 2010

Korean BBQ Cookoff 2010

2nd Annual Korean BBQ Cookoff 2010

We headed down to LA Saturday morning for the K-bbq cookoff! This was sort of a last minute decision because I had just found out about it the day before but I'm glad we decided to go! We're never in LA long enough for dinner so we always seem to miss out on trying different restaurants. This event gave us a chance to sample food from different restaurants that we normally don't have time to try.

2nd Annual Korean BBQ Cookoff 2010

We arrived a little early and there weren't too many people there. I'm sure we could have gotten there later and had no trouble parking but we wanted to get in and out of there. Unfortunately, we had to wait around for a lot of the food because the majority of the tents were not ready! Major Korean time if you gnome sane. I'm not sure what they were thinking but they hadn't even gotten their grills going yet when the event started!


2nd Annual Korean BBQ Cookoff 2010
{I wouldn't buy it for regular price (~$9) but I'll get it for the ticket price we paid ($5).}
Fortunately, the young ppl were on it and were handing out kalbi burgers left and right on the dot! Yum. Enough talking, onto the tasty goodness...

2nd Annual Korean BBQ Cookoff 2010
{Green tea kalbi from Hansong - Not sure how the green tea fits into this but it was very tender and delicious!}

2nd Annual Korean BBQ Cookoff 2010
{Trice (samgak kimbap) - boo! never again!}

2nd Annual Korean BBQ Cookoff 2010
2nd Annual Korean BBQ Cookoff 2010
{Pork ribs with pickled veggies & rice from HamJiPark - one of the best! I loved the pickled onions and cauliflower.}

2nd Annual Korean BBQ Cookoff 2010
{Seoul Sausage Company - Now this was AMAZING. Fresh concept of making kalbi into a sausage! It was huge, filling, tasty, unique and basically made me very happy. I'm sad they don't actually have a restaurant or food truck, they appear to be doing just catering for events right now.}

2nd Annual Korean BBQ Cookoff 2010

2nd Annual Korean BBQ Cookoff 2010
2nd Annual Korean BBQ Cookoff 2010

2nd Annual Korean BBQ Cookoff 2010
2nd Annual Korean BBQ Cookoff 2010
{Daechang (marinated beef large intestine) from Byul Gobchang - We waited around for this forever. I wanted some intestine and when I got it, it was love. <3 I think I ate too much though because I had a lasting garlic taste until the next day. LOL}

2nd Annual Korean BBQ Cookoff 2010
2nd Annual Korean BBQ Cookoff 2010
{Chocolate chip cookies with Thai Iced Tea ice cream from Coolhaus Ice Cream Truck - I want to buy gallons and gallons of Thai Iced Tea ice cream. I LOVE IT I WANT IT I NEED IT.}

Before:
2nd Annual Korean BBQ Cookoff 2010
After:
2nd Annual Korean BBQ Cookoff 2010
{Chocolate and Marshmallow Cupcake from Sprinkles cupcake truck - YESSSSSSSSSSSSS.}

...And that's the end of my story. :D

(There was much more food than shown here, obviously, but we couldn't eat it all! We also didn't try other galbi because we wanted some variety. Wish I had another stomach to carry around and fill at these sorts of events!)

3 comments:

Cat Song said...

ohhh delicious~

missy pig said...

OMG i really wish they had something like this at nyc.
i love kalbi. and kalbi sausage? and ice cream. I'm going crazy just looking at the pictures.

Jihee said...

you should make your own samgak kimbab! the kalbi sausage looks so so so good! all your pictures are making my mouth water! haha.