Tuesday, August 17, 2010

seeking water

The weekend was wonderful and passed by too quickly. I wish I could always have family around!
My mom is amazing, she cooked for all three meals of almost all three days and everything was delicious. I now have enough galbi for the rest of the year and will have my neng-myun craving fulfilled for the rest of the summer. I hope I can be as great a cook as her in 20+ years! ;)

Whenever my family comes to visit, we always head to Redondo Beach for the seafood. I mean every single time! Torrance is where I grew up when I was very young so there are a lot of memories and the food is proven to be good every time so why go anywhere else? Lunch on Saturday afternoon was awesome except for the torture I had to endure when the sashimi plate came around, but I had plenty of food to make up for it! Afterward we really had to take a walk around the pier (so full of crab <3).

Redondo Beach

Redondo Beach

After dropping my mom and sister off at LAX yesterday, Tare and I hung around LA to avoid traffic going north so we stopped by Freshia to pick up some more banana milk and watermelon popsicles. My mom called and told us to stop by a special Starbucks that her friend had told her about while we were hanging around. The reason why it's special?

Rancho Palos Verdes
{At Rancho Palos Verdes, taken with Blackberry}

It overlooks the ocean and we got there just in time to see the sun setting before it slipped away into the ocean fog. It was beautiful, I wish I had had my camera on me.

Now I'm really looking forward to November when we'll be driving out to Colorado!

3 comments:

m@ said...

That's the Starbucks at the bottom of Hawthorne, right? I drove by there to and from school every morning.

hana said...

^Yeah! How lucky~ the view is gorgeous. Makes me wish I lived closer to the ocean... but I guess 2 hrs isn't too bad. :)

Jihee said...

Aww it's so so so pretty!