Tuesday, November 23, 2010

Crochet Week: For the Cousin

This week I'll be sharing the different crochet projects I worked on last month. The gifts have met their owners so I'm free to share!

Twisted Cowl

Twisted Cowl

Twisted Cowl


This twisted cowl was made following this tutorial. My cousin had mentioned in passing that she wanted a cowl in either cream or red and I decided to make her one! I love red for accessories and I love crocheting with chunky yarn because it works up so fast, so I went with Lion Brand's Wool-Ease Thick & Quick in Cranberry. The pattern was very easy to follow because it's basically just a rectangle that is slip stitched up the sides after you twist it. I think it's a genius idea for an easy project that makes for a very interesting design. It's very cozy and warm and chunky and wintery. I definitely recommend this pattern for crochet beginners!

My cousin loved it and she's been wearing it every day. It looks great on her too! I love when people genuinely love their gifts, it makes me feel warm tinglies inside and moves me to want to give more.

♥ - ♥ - ♥ - ♥ - ♥ - ♥ - ♥

Also, there's a giveaway going on right now! Please enter, I am really enjoying reading your comments about what you're grateful for!

6 comments:

Michelle-esque said...

I just learned how to crochet and knit today in my fashion design class. I am not good at either of them hahaha. I really like the cowl that you've made! I am obsessed with cowls ^_^

Vanessa said...

So lovely!!!<3

vivatveritas said...

cute! i like the rich red color!

Holly Knitlightly said...

I LOVE that pattern. You need to open up an Etsy shoppppppppp!

hana said...

@Michelle-esque You'll pick it up fast if you practice! Cowls are the easiest and cutest things to make :)

@Holly Knitlightly I love this pattern too! I'm only good at following them though hehe, not coming up with my own :D

Felicity said...

This is gorgeous! And you take such great photos!