Wednesday, November 24, 2010

Crochet Week: For Mom

This week I'll be sharing the different crochet projects I worked on last month. The gifts have met their owners so I'm free to share!

Green Neckwarmer.

Green Neckwarmer
This neckwarmer is another example of something bad gone right. I was following another tutorial (the one I'll be posting tomorrow!) and unfortunately I was running out of yarn... that's what happens when you try to use stuff from your stash. In the end, I loved that it looks simple and elegant because of the design and color and I loved the buttons because they match perfectly! The yarn I used is Caron Simply Soft in Dark Sage which is a medium weight acrylic yarn. It is really soft and the stitches are front post half double crochet so there are actually more rows than it appears to have and quite thick.

The style and color look beautiful on my mom and I made it thinking it would! Sometimes a gift seems to belong to a specific person before it's even given, don't you agree?

♥ - ♥ - ♥ - ♥ - ♥ - ♥ - ♥

Also, there's a giveaway going on right now! Please enter, I am really enjoying reading your comments about what you're grateful for!

1 comment:

Holly Knitlightly said...

Cute! The buttons are adorable.