Monday, November 22, 2010

Crochet Week: For Myself

This week I'll be sharing the different crochet projects I worked on last month. The gifts have met their owners so I'm free to share!

Gray Flower Neckwarmer

Gray Flower Neckwarmer

Gray Flower Neckwarmer

This neck warmer started out as a totally different project following a tutorial by Little Thingies for her Martha Cowl Scarf. (I would link but it appears her website has disappeared...) I guess I wasn't following the pattern correctly because it was supposed to be a big circle but somehow mine had developed a point on one end. With yarn running out, I decided to lower the round count and make a thinner tube. I followed her pattern for the flower motif and attached it to the point and it made a lovely, lightweight neck warmer.

Unfortunately I don't remember which kind of yarn I used due to a bad habit of throwing away the product band right away when I start with new yarn but it is probably sport weight (category 2 or 3) wool or wool/acrylic blend. The drape is beautiful and it feels really soft against my neck which is great because I'm sensitive to tags and some sweater materials. I love that it is a little lighter because it will hold up against the slight chilly breeze where I live just perfectly without getting too hot or being too chunky.

I hadn't been planning on making something for myself but I fell in love with it as I was making it and had to hold onto it! Does that ever happen to anyone else?

♥ - ♥ - ♥ - ♥ - ♥ - ♥ - ♥
I'm so glad & grateful to have arrived safely on Saturday night and to spend time with family and friends all week.
I hope your Monday is delightful and a great start to your Thanksgiving week!

Also, there's a giveaway going on right now! Please enter, I am really enjoying reading your comments about what you're grateful for!

4 comments:

Sandy a la Mode said...

omg girl!! you are sooo soo talented!!!!!! etsy shop etsy shop etsy shop!!!! :)

cat song said...

very cute! is it warm? it looks like a rosette :)

hana said...

@Sandy a la Mode thanks Sandy :) you're always too kind!

@cat song thanks! yes it's warm and soft~

Holly Knitlightly said...

So pretty!! I loove it.