Monday, December 20, 2010

Babymoon

I'm back home after a delightful weekend in Monterey. It was a very slow-paced, restful getaway with beautiful sights and delicious food. Ready for some many pictures?

Babymoon in Monterey
Babymoon in Monterey
Babymoon in Monterey
Babymoon in Monterey
Babymoon in Monterey
{Can you believe this is the same time as the first picture? Very different colors and mood!}

Babymoon in Monterey
{We walked along Carmel Plaza before checking into the hotel and saw very charming little shops and restaurants like this one.}

Babymoon in Monterey
Babymoon in Monterey
{The view from our balcony; we were right over the water and could hear the waves the whole time we were there! It was beautiful.}

Babymoon in Monterey
{My new pretty bags my husband bought for me against my will. My weakly resistant will ;)}

Babymoon in Monterey
{We ate Japanese food twice during our stay! Dinner the first night (see takoyaki roll lower right + a lot more sushi) and lunch the day we left. I would not be exaggerating to say it was one of the best parts of the trip because I adore sushi and haven't had it in six months.}

Babymoon in Monterey
{Did I mention we went on a rainy weekend? Luckily we avoided the storm and there were only light drizzles when we weren't actually out and about.}

Babymoon in Monterey
Babymoon in Monterey
Babymoon in Monterey
{The service was excellent here! I would recommend staying at this hotel if you ever visit the area.}

Babymoon in Monterey
Babymoon in Monterey
Babymoon in Monterey
Babymoon in Monterey
Babymoon in Monterey
{Walking along Cannery Row}

Babymoon in Monterey
Babymoon in Monterey
{Hula's Hawaiian Grill - Calamari Sandwich (surprisingly good) & Coconut shrimp rolls with salad (surprisingly not so good)}
Babymoon in Monterey

Babymoon in Monterey
{Dessert so sweet it even melts in hearts - mocha cappucino dippin' dots}

Babymoon in Monterey
{Heading out to dinner!}

Babymoon in Monterey
{Favaloro's Big Night Out Bistro - Sitting in the cozy window seat area, such a romantic little restaurant}
Babymoon in Monterey
Babymoon in Monterey
{Gnocchi, oysters on half shell, salad, Fettucine Frutto di Mare, Crab salad on Fried Avocado}
Babymoon in Monterey
Babymoon in Monterey
{I can't believe we ate so much here... the tiramisu was so delicious!}

Babymoon in Monterey
Babymoon in Monterey

Babymoon in Monterey
{Breakfast in our room - steak & eggs for Tare, Belgian waffle with strawberries for me}

Babymoon in Monterey
Babymoon in Monterey
{Seals playing outside our balcony in the morning! I can't believe we saw them, we had heard them the night before and wondered..}

Babymoon in Monterey
{It was a very rainy drive back home down Hwy 1.}
Babymoon in Monterey
{But we saw so many elephant seals! I felt like a little kid being so excited over seeing them but it's always amazing to see animals you've only seen in a zoo in their natural habitats.}

We also stopped by Pismo Beach to eat at Cracked Crab again. You just can't beat Alaskan King Crab! I think I've had my fill of seafood until baby arrives now. :)

I'm so glad Tare and I had this time to spend together exploring a new place. We've traveled more often in our two years of marriage together than I have most of my life! It has made me more excited to travel and really enjoy new experiences, and while people say that will completely change when we have our baby, I'm even more excited to travel with our baby and go back to places we've been and go to fun places for kids and keep doing what we've been doing. I really hope we will.

I think I'm ready to nest now and really prepare for tokki's arrival!

7 comments:

la petite lydia said...

It looks like you two had a lot of fun! Wonderful photos!

cat song said...

oh yay! nice pictures!!!! :) food looks so good!

BonAndChi said...

looks like you had great fun on your trip! :) I went passed Monterey last month for holiday also~ it's lovely there!

Jihee said...

it looks so relaxing and nice there! oh and i love your bag!

Michelle-esque said...

Wow! :) It looks like you two had an awesome time! The view of the place looks gorgeous and the food looks super yummy! :)

Sandy a la Mode said...

looks like you had a fabulous trip!!! i LOVE your pictures sweetie, the clouds are sooo beautiful! and the food looks soo amazing!!!

Naturally Carol said...

How amazing was that mossy roof over the shop? What a lovely weekend away...lovely pictures...your new bags are georgeous too! All the best with the baby and last but not least, have a very Merry Christmas!!