I became an owner of a house, an owner of a DSLR-like camera, and an owner of an etsy shop. I took care of crawlers in the children's ministry, the youngest I've been around yet. I attended two concerts I've always wanted to go to & I won a lot of giveaways which is a first. Most importantly, I am pregnant!
2. Did you keep your New Year's resolutions, and will you make more for next year?
Yes - I challenged myself physically and saw great results (30 day shred & P90X).
I kept up with my personal monthly photo challenges for half of the year.
I plan on making resolutions relating to character more than anything else for the new year.
3. Did anyone close to you give birth?
No, but I will have a great answer for this one next year. ;)
4. Did anyone close to you die?
5. What countries did you visit?
Stayed in the USA! We visited Seattle and various cities within California. We visited Colorado for Thanksgiving.
6. What would you like to have in 2011 that you lacked in 2010?
More time spent reading and studying the Word of God. I did not make it a priority this past year and I regret that I spent more time on less important things in my life.
7. What date(s) from 2010 will remain etched upon your memory, and why?
March . . . We really trusted God with the purchase of our house and He came through with the timing and financial provisions and everything we needed. It was amazing.
June . . . Seeing that plus sign show up brought me so much joy, I will never forget what it sparked in me.
8. What was your biggest achievement of the year?
Growing a baby.
9. What was your biggest failure?
Growing my relationship with God.
10. Did you suffer illness or injury?
No, I was very healthy this year!
11. What was the best thing you bought?
My camera which is so much a part of my daily life now.
12. Whose behavior merited celebration?
Tare: He gets award for Best Husband in the World every year! He always stays true to the way he treated me when we first started dating. He is a gentleman through and through and takes care of me and tokki so well.
13. Whose behavior made you appalled and depressed?
14. Where did most of your money go?
Traveling for special occasions and for baby.
15. What did you get really, really, really excited about?
Getting ready to be a mom!
16. What song will always remind you of 2010?
I don't make this connection easily anymore.. My time alone is mostly spent in "silence" unless I get in the mood to sing again or we're on a long drive. So, I can't think of any song.
17. Compared to this time last year, are you:
18. What do you wish you'd done more of?
Refer to no.9
19. What do you wish you'd done less of?
20. How will you be spending Christmas?
Spent it at home :)
22. Did you fall in love in 2010?
Yes, with my little tokki. It's a new kind of love I've never known before.
23. How many one-night stands?
24. What was your favorite TV program?
I really enjoyed The Mentalist & White Collar this year.
25. Do you hate anyone now that you didn't hate this time last year?
Not hate, but distaste, yes.
26. What was the best book you read?
Ina May's Guide to Childbirth by Ina May Gaskin - preparing for childbirth.
The Hidden Beauty of Everyday Life by Kent Nerburn.
"For she is one of the quiet believers --- those who live a life of service, trying to shape their small corner of the world into a place of warmth and love by making each ordinary act of life a prayerful offering to the great mystery we know as 'God.'"
There are many thoughts or moments that he has captured so eloquently into words that I find resonates deeply with me.
27. What was your greatest musical discovery?
IU. She is so talented and has such a unique voice for her age.
28. What did you want and get?
A baby, he will be here soon!
29. What did you want and not get?
A lot of new clothes & bags I didn't need so good for me!
30. What was your favorite film of this year?
31. What did you do on your birthday, and how old were you?
It was a Sunday so I went to church & had a sushi dinner. 23! Oh, and I was also gifted the most beautiful & biggest bouquet of roses I've ever seen by my sweet husband.
33. How would you describe your personal fashion concept in 2010?
I loved scarves and skirts (maxi dresses!) in the first half of the year. The second half was based around leggings LOL. Although I am struggling to find anything long enough to cover me in the front and back these days to wear with them...
34. What kept you sane?
Blogging. It was my first year going beyond the Xanga community and participating/interacting in the creative blogging world & with bloggers and it's been great. It's a source of inspiration and happiness for me and it's something more purposeful for me now. I enjoy it a lot and I appreciate every reader. Thanks for taking the time to get to know me. :)
35. Who did you miss?
36. Tell us a valuable life lesson you learned in 2010.
Prayer is meaningful, effective, and powerful.
I've known it well for several years now, but this year my prayers were answered by God so clearly that I will remember them for a very long time.
37. Quote a song lyric that sums up your year.
Heal my heart and make it clean
Open up my eyes to the things unseen
Show me how to love like You have loved me
Break my heart from what breaks Yours
Everything I am for your kingdom's cause
As I go from nothing to eternity
~Hosanna, by Hillsong United
Best of luck to you in 2011!