Thursday, January 6, 2011

Addiction

I haven't been sure what to share about these days because my days would be considered pretty bland to others. It's been the same routine-filled normal days except most of my time has been devoted to all things Etsy. I'm not sure why I suddenly dove into it like I did but I haven't been able to come up for air for the past week! It's been very interesting learning more about how it works, networking, support, selling, treasuries, views, hearts, sales, teams, ahh! A bit much but I think I have it under control now, I just need to write about it here and ease off.


First of all, I've been awarded the Stylish Blogger Award by three bloggers: Tatterbeans (blog + etsy), Dreamaginarius (blog + etsy opening soon), & Beansprouts Childrens Wear (blog + etsy).

So here is what I now have to do...

1. Thank and link back to the person who awarded you this award - Thank you ladies!
2.Share 7 things about yourself -
♥ Just Dance 2 is my daily work out session. I can still beat my husband! :D
♥ Singing;music used to be a dream of mine.
♥ My love language is Words of Affirmation.
♥ I'm a quiet, introverted person. (Can you still tell through the internet?)
♥ I'm a Bible-believing Christian that loves Jesus.
♥ I don't listen to any American music other than KLOVE (Christian radio station).
♥ My husband was my first boyfriend and first love and I wouldn't have it any other way.

3.Pay it forward to 15 recently discovered great bloggers -
Unfortunately, I have no idea who I recently discovered. Everyone goes into my Google Reader or Google Friend Connect and I have pregnancy brain. Sorry. Next time...

2nd, Sweet November is a sweet blog (+shop) offering free advertising until she reaches 300 followers. She's a little over halfway, so get on over there if you need it!

3rd, I'm participating in a Team Discovery weekly treasury challenge & I would appreciate your views and clicks here!

Etsy is truly addicting but I think it's better for me than that box of assorted dark chocolates I went through in the last few days. ;) I'll be back tomorrow with another tokki watch update!

8 comments:

Michelle-esque said...

Oh yes, Etsy. When I finally figured everything out about Etsy, I realized that I wasn't ready for it just yet. The things that I make aren't really up to par with everyone else and because my networking isn't that big, it makes it that much more difficult to sell things. I put my store on a freeze for now until I can figure out some sort of strategical method of selling things.

ola appletea said...

so great blog. love it!!! congrats on your pregnency and hope you feel great!

Love your post also!!! so great to have you here :)

vivi said...

congrats!
Yes, etsy is very addicting. I subscribe their emails for some daily inspiration! :)

hanamik said...

I actually felt/feel the same way but still trying it out and trying to be positive when those feelings come up. I mean I'm doing it because I enjoy it, not because I want to make a bunch of money ya know? Setting up shop is just an extension of crafting, like "maybe someone else will want one for themselves too." I feel like that will all follow after perseverance: feeling more comfortable with my craft, broadening my network, and sales.
What was in your shop?

hanamik said...

Thank you :) I still feel pretty great!

hanamik said...

yeah, the talent/creativity on there is amazing!

Ashley Hasty said...

Hello!
My name is Ashley, I'm the girl behind the blog A Hasty Life. I just started the well-known 30 for 30 fashion challenge. I chose 30 articles of clothing to wear for 30 days (including shoes!) I would love for you to bop on over to my blog and check it out!

<3 Ashley
www.ahastylife.com

Michelle-esque said...

I have a lot of different colored hair accessories. I make my own hair bows because of my obsession with bows. Eventually I added paintings that I've made myself, but I realized that without proper networking/advertising, it would just be sitting there and the fees would pile up from Etsy.