Friday, February 25, 2011

tokki watch: one week

Two Days

One Week

It's been ten days already and I honestly don't know where the time has gone! Day and night is not relevant to me anymore and although I'm tired, I've learned so much about taking care of my newborn baby and I couldn't be happier. He is such a sweet boy and although he has his fussy moments, he sleeps well, eats well, and even gives me a smile or two each day. He is very alert and attentive to the world and you can tell he's focused because of his funny little expression he makes with his lips.

Yesterday was our one week postpartum visit with the midwife and he is already two ounces heavier than his birth weight and has grown in height, head size, and chest size! That's a lot of good growing! His cheeks are getting chubbier by the day and it's amazing to see the differences each day.

God has truly blessed us with a little angel --I've had an easy pregnancy, fast labor, and a joyful postpartum experience even with the learning curve for breastfeeding and lack of sleep. God has been so good to our family and I can't praise Him enough!

I hope to continue recording his growth outside of the womb every week because I know it's going to go by fast. So, tokki watch continues!

11 comments:

Haylee said...

Oh my gosh, he is an absolute doll. Good to the pregnancy/delivery went ok. I think it's awesome you're chronicling his growth. What a great idea to do it weekly. It's definitely needed since they grow and change SO much in such a quick amount of time. I'll have to remember to do that when I have kids.

Sandy a la Mode said...

omg! i don't think these photos could be any cuter!! i love that bear!!!! soo adorable!!!!

Sonja said...

he is so precious!! :) love the bear mat!! i'd love to hear your birth story. hope you and your family are well!!

Fruitloopgirl said...

Congratulations on your new love!!!

Jihee said...

I'm so happy that you're still doing tokki watch! I love seeing pictures of your precious little one. SO cute! I'm so glad he's healthy and growing well!

vivi said...

cute as a button :)
hope you're backing-up your blog, it'll be great to save it and let tokki read it when he's older

Mariana Takagui said...

You gave birth to Luke for normal birth?
After a week the baby is stronger and more beautiful!
That our children have health always!

SaharasHeart said...

he is too cute!!...I am glad he is growing healzy and fast!

catherine said...

wowww!! he is adorable! and i love the blanket/bed? that he's on!! yayyy

Michelle-esque said...

I literally squealed when I saw this post! He looks absolutely adorable!! :)

Jessica said...

He is beautiful. Congratulations and enjoy it! :)