Thursday, March 24, 2011

Mommy Essentials: Part 2

I shared some essentials in a previous post and I'm back with more, specifically for breastfeeding!

Breastfeeding my baby has been an up-and-down experience, especially in the first few weeks. I had read a lot about it (I would recommend La Leche League's The Womanly Art of Breastfeeding) and felt prepared but it really is a learning experience for mom even when it's natural for baby. Some days he would latch beautifully and some days we were both in tears. I'm nursing on demand which means around the clock sessions but we've found a nice groove and I'm excited about deepening this bond between us through breastfeeding until tokki decides he's done (hopefully at least a year or longer)!


01. Wish Garden Happy Ducts (mastitis remedy): This tincture helped me a lot when I had mastitis! Definitely part of the reason it didn't get any worse and it works amazingly on clogged ducts.
02. Lansinoh Disposable Nursing Pads: A necessity for going out because you never know when a let down will occur! Very thin and comfortable to wear and it does its job well.
03. Camelbak water bottle: I love this water bottle and I have two on each side of my pillow for nursing at night. It doesn't leak, BPA-free and it works like a straw so I can easily hydrate myself which is really important for breastfeeding! 
04. Milkies Milk-Saver: I absolutely LOVE this product! I have a really good milk supply (i.e. lots of leaking) and before I got this I was soaking towels and shirts like crazy. With this on the other boob I collect up to 2 oz. a feeding without doing a thing during nursing! This product would be really useful for those who don't want to pump but want to build up some milk supply in the freezer. The only bad thing about it is if you forget about having it in and lean over and spill all over the place, but other than that you just pour out, rinse, and reuse!


I can't help but share about products/items that I love to use! What is something you love using these days that you want to tell everyone about?

1 comment:

Jenn said...

Thanks for sharing your experience with us ^_^