Saturday, May 7, 2011

I'm lying in bed after nursing my baby and I hear two sets of peaceful, steady breathing. It makes me smile to see Luke on his side towards his dad because he's cute and I know he's going to end up tickling his dad's side again with his sleep kicking.

I don't know about anyone else but I have never felt so important in my life. For the first time someone else is reliant upon me for everything, and I guess that started when I found out I had a baby growing inside of me, but when you can actually feel the little hands gripping you and the bright eyes that follow you it's so real. I've never been so needed and special and it truly delights me that I am the most important person in my son's life right now. It completes a part of me that needed to be needed & wanted. I'm living my dream right now: a stay at home wife to the most loving husband and mother to the most precious child. It's still settling in my mind that it's real. God is so, so good. Being a mother is such a special job and it's a privilege to be one. Happy Mother's Day, especially to my mom and grandma who I love and miss dearly living apart from them.

And congratulations to my little sister who is now a college graduate! I'm so proud of you and I love and miss you too. Please move here now. :)

Now that these words are written I think I can go back to sleep...

No comments: