Wednesday, August 24, 2011

In Colorado... #4

Mommy spent time away from baby for the first time.

With Tare and family being able to watch tokki and tokki going longer between nursings, I was able to get some time to myself for the first time. While they went to play at the in-laws, I was able to go shopping with my mom and sister. While they prepared for tokki's bedtime, I was able to hang out with dear friends and rock out at karaoke! Fun times--- so fun we didn't even take any pictures. :)


me & my sister (who copied my hair)

I never felt like I needed time away from my boys other than a long shower and a little downtime in the evenings, and honestly I still don't... but I do finally understand why people keep saying you need time for yourself. It's refreshing to have girl time and it feels safe leaving my son with his father instead of a babysitter I don't know. Being back home though there's nowhere to go, no one else to go out with, and no family to babysit but it's completely fine with me. I love being together with my little family, they're such a big part of who I am and I believe that's a really great thing.
And what mother can completely get away from their baby? He was on my mind the whole time and I was so curious what he was up to and how he was doing without me. 

All in all, I miss living near family. I miss going over to my grandparents' house to eat dinner prepared by my grandma. I miss the late night chats in my mom's room with my mom and sister. I miss the sound of my dad laughing and playing with tokki. I miss the authentic French pastries. I miss the mountains and open skies that go on forever and fresh air. I miss my old church and the people there. I miss Park Meadows and Pearl Street. But I love my boys and what we have here so I can wait until we're able to go back and visit again.

1 comment:

Sandy a la Mode said...

awww that is so great that you got some alone time!!!