Tuesday, December 6, 2011

Holiday 2011 Unique LA

This past Saturday was a busy day! We started out by volunteering with our community group at Pacifica (senior living) which was lots of fun because we made paper plate Christmas wreaths. A lot of ladies stopped by (more than usual) to have some fun arts and crafts time and they all expressed their thanks to us visiting them, like they always do. It's such a short period of time, about two hours one Saturday, that we spend with them each month and they make us feel like we're doing so much when we could be doing so much more. It makes me think again about how much my time or my giving (whether monetary or whatever it is) could be a gift to whoever is receiving it and that I should be doing a lot more of it.

Afterwards we headed down to LA to visit the Unique LA handmade market. There were so many people and so many cool handmade goodies! tokki was hanging out in the Ergo the whole time and we walked around for at least two hours.
Holiday Unique LA
Holiday Unique LAHoliday Unique LA

We picked out some cute clothes for tokki and ourselves and had lots of desserts like macarons (pistachio FTW!), s'mores muffins or "smuffins", bread pudding, and creme caramel. We left stuffed!
Holiday Unique LA
Holiday Unique LA
Holiday Unique LA
Holiday Unique LA
Holiday Unique LA

Finally we headed to IKEA to pick up a new TV stand and dresser. Our previous stand was way too short and open which was a great temptation to tokki. It all barely fit in our Forester but we made it and tokki even fell asleep on the way home which was perfect. (He usually loathes night car rides.) The new set-up looks great and has made my life much easier because I'm not spending the whole day picking him up and placing him away from the TV a hundred times.

On a separate note... I find myself leaving my camera at home and using my iPhone to take lots of pictures these days. I don't know if it's because I'm excited to play with my new toy or I'm too lazy to take pictures then transfer them to the computer then edit/upload them. Anyone else in love with apps that let them share pictures easily like Instagram and Path? It is all I do these days and I enjoy the ease of it. Technology has come so far!

2 comments:

Muchloveilly said...

that last photo is so adorbs!

cat said...

woo i've never heard of path and checked it out... awesome!!!man we need more of those fun things to do here in denver!